The Ferguson Career Center fully supports its students who engage in experiential learning activities through internships, volunteerism, summer research, and job shadow opportunities. We offer internship scholarships for current students who have obtained summer experiential learning opportunities, but may not otherwise be able to participate due to financial constraints. Apply now.
Due to COVID-19, we have extended the deadline to April 17th and are allowing students more flexibility by allowing students to apply with an internship pending option given the unpredictability of internship programs this summer.
General Eligibility Requirements
- All undergraduate students are eligible to apply for a scholarship, however some scholarships may have additional requirements.
- All awards will be based on the anticipated educational and professional value of the internship, the student’s self-assessment and skill development, expenses directly related to the internship, and level of compensation.
- Students seeking financial assistance for summer coursework will not be considered (i.e. May Term or study abroad).
- All awards will be paid prior to commencing the internship and are taxable.
- Special consideration, requirements, and funding sources will be given to students from West Virginia, members of Greek Life, or the Chi Phi Fraternity.
Scholarship amounts vary based on financial need and are at the discretion of the awards committee.
Tiger Tip: When planning your funding needs consider rent, food, parking, gas, and other extraneous needs. If your internship is virtual, consider the costs of internet, computer, printer, or lost wages you may have earned having a summer job.